Redland City Council will be asked to withdraw its support for Walker Group’s proposed Toondah Harbour project in a petition initiated by Redlands2030.
We, the undersigned Residents of Redland City request that Council:
- Withdraw its support for Walker Group’s proposed Toondah Harbour residential development which the community considers to be clearly unacceptable
- Work with the State Government on a new plan to upgrade the ferry terminals and associated car parking areas at both Cleveland and Dunwich which:
- Avoids dredging or other environmental harm in the Moreton Bay Marine Park and Ramsar Site
- Protects the local koalas from any loss of habitat and major increase in traffic
- Ensures any development near Toondah Harbour is consistent with the Redland City Plan
Different petitions for residents and visitors
Redland City Council’s requirements include a standard form which suggests that petitions can only be signed by residents, ratepayers or voters enrolled in Redland City.
But many people from outside the Redlands visit the Toondah Harbour area including lots of people traveling on ferries to North Stradbroke Island.
G.J. Walter Park is a popular recreation space attracting people from throughout south east Queensland.
So Redlands2030 has prepared a second petition form for use by visitors to Redland City and we hope that the Council will take just as much notice of visitors as it does of residents.
You can download copies of the petition forms from the Redlands2030 website:
When you have got as many people as possible to sign your petition forms, contact Redlands2030 to arrange collection by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post signed forms to the principle petitioner:
104 Channel Street
Cleveland Qld 4163
By Monday 9th October 2017
Rally for Toondah
The Toondah Harbour petition will be available for people to sign at the Toondah Rally.
DATE: Saturday 30 September 2017
TIME: from 8:00 am
PLACE: G.J. Walter Park in Cleveland
The rally is being held next to Fernleigh, across the road from St Paul’s monthly car boot market.
Refreshments, tea, coffee, sausage sizzle and much more are available at the market.