Incumbent Karen Williams looks likely to be reelected as Mayor of Redland City. With nearly half the vote counted she has 57.24% of the formal votes, challenger Greg Underwood has 42.76%.
Here is a link to Redlands mayoral results on the ECQ website.
Update 7:00 pm Sunday
Noteworthy changes to the vote count during Sunday:
- In Division 2, votes counted is 76% with a slight gain for Peter Mitchell to 46.16%
- In Division 4, votes counted is 49% , Lance Hewlett still well in front with 65.66%
In Division 9, votes for Coolnwynpin booth have not been posted. Paul Gleeson is claiming a substantial majority at this booth which would make this a line ball contest.
Election for councillors
It may take some time to find out the exact makeup of the next Redland City Council.
Information presented below is based on votes counted by the end of polling day. To get the latest available results from ECQ, click on the division number hyperlink.
Incumbents are polling well in six of the ten divisions:
- Division 1 Wendy Boglary has 61% with 53% of the roll counted
- Division 4 Lance Hewlett has 66% with 33% counted
- Division 5 Mark Edwards has 72% with 48% counted
- Division 6 Julie Talty has 56% with 42% counted
- Division 7 Murray Elliott has 53% with 49% counted
- Division 10 Paul Bishop has 72% with 54% counted
In Division 2 with 47% counted, votes are:
- Peter Mitchell 44.7%
- Craig Ogilvie (incumbent) 33.65%
- Tom Taranto 21.64%
In Division 3 with 47% counted, votes are:
- Paul Golle 47.05%
- Penny Donald 30.06%
- Karyn Owen 12.99%
- Troy Robbins 9.89%.
In Division 8 with only 24% counted, votes are:
- Tracey Huges 43.35%
- Alan Beard (incumbent) 41.57%
- Kathy Reimers 15.07%
In Division 9 with 32% counted:
- Jesse McNamara 57.59%
- Paul Gleeson (incumbent) 42.41%
Here is a link to the index for Redlands councillor results on the ECQ website.