Redland City’s non-indigenous heritage includes a number of places officially recognised in the Queensland Heritage Register.
There are also a number of places in Redland City which are recognised as being of local heritage significance.
Redland City places in the Queensland Heritage Register
Listed below are the 23 places in Redland City which have been entered into the Queensland Heritage Register.
Decisions about which places are to be included in the Queensland Heritage Register are made by the Queensland Heritage Council which is an independent agency established under the Queensland Heritage Act 1992.
The place names are hyperlinked to the relevant entry in the Queensland Heritage Register where more information is available.
|Dunwich Convict Causeway||Junner Street, Dunwich, North Stradbroke Island||1827|
|Public Reserve incorporating the Privy Pit and Site of Convict Barracks and Store||Junner Street, Dunwich, North Stradbroke Island||1827–1828|
|Dunwich Cemetery||Bingle Road, Dunwich, North Stradbroke Island||1847–1952|
|Fernleigh||73 Shore Street East, Cleveland||1850–1880|
|Grandview Hotel||49 North Street, Cleveland||1852|
|Ye Olde Court House Restaurant||1 Paxton Street, Cleveland||1853–1977|
|Ormiston House Estate||Wellington Street, Ormiston||1858–1865|
|Cleveland Hotel (former)||109 Shore Street North, Cleveland||1860–1940|
|Norfolk Island Pine Trees||127 Shore Street North, Cleveland||1860|
|Cleveland Lighthouse||Shore Street North, Cleveland Point||1864–1865|
|St Andrews Church||Wellington Street, Ormiston||1868|
|Industrial Ruins, south end of Macleay Island||Cliff Terrace, Macleay Island||1869–1871|
|Whepstead||Main Road, Wellington Point||1870–1889|
|St Pauls Anglican Church||Cross Street, Cleveland||1873–1924|
|Peel Island||Peel Island, Moreton Bay||1873-1948|
|Redland Bay State School Residence||Gordon Road, Redland Bay||1885|
|St Mark’s Anglican Church and Dunwich Public Hall||Junner Street, Dunwich, North Stradbroke Island||1907–1913|
|Serpentine Creek Road Cemetery||398-408 Serpentine Creek Road, Redland Bay||1890–1945|
|Lamb Island Pioneer Hall||Lucas Drive, Lamb Island||1924–1930|
|Cleveland Police Station and Court House (former)||1 Passage Street, Cleveland||1934–1935|
|Point Lookout Foreshore||East Coast Road, Point Lookout, North Stradbroke Island||unknown|
|Ormiston Fellmongery||Sturgeon Street, Ormiston||unknown|
|Cleveland No.1 Cemetery||Lisa Street, Cleveland||unknown|
This information was obtained from a search of the Queensland Heritage Register on 17 August 2015.
Local Heritage Register
Redland City Planning Scheme includes as Schedule 4 a Heritage Places Register.
Maps showing places of heritage interest can be accessed on the Redland City Council website.
Redlands2030 – 18 August 2015