Over the past 18 months Redlands2030 has been shining a spotlight on the Redland City Council. We have highlighted:
- Political donations and conflicts of interest
- Council’s plans for rezoning and sale of local parks
- Council’s secretive Development Industry Reference Group
Our initiatives have made it easier for people to:
- Find out about nearby development applications
- Watch video recordings of Council meetings
- See how councillors have voted in Council meetings
Almost every day we get a ‘thank you’ from someone in the community for the work we do. We are now reviewing the Draft City Plan which could affect lifestyle and property values in the Redlands.
Can you help us to help you?
A few volunteers work on a shoestring budget to keep you in the picture with our website, newsletter and Facebook page. You could help us to fund things like:
- Right to Information requests (they start at $45 but can be hundreds of dollars)
- Hire of venues for public meetings e.g. to discuss the Draft City Plan 2015
- Operating and enhancing our website and communications media
Will you help us keep the spotlight shining on your local Council? A small donation using our secure online system will make a real difference.
President – Redlands2030